Stantec employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, scientists, consultants and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, Stantec employees use innovative ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges. We are seeking qualified applicants to support our Waterpower and Dams business center located in our Sacramento, CA office.
The Stantec internship program is a great opportunity for students to prepare for a career in the environmental sciences while getting paid. We provide real hands-on experience and project-related work opportunities to help students connect their studies into a new context - the business environment. It’s an excellent opportunity to build relationships and learn from respected figures in the industry while gaining a better understanding of the big picture of things.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, and preparing reports.
• Assist with site visits and field investigations as necessary
• Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree in the sciences.
• Experienced with complete Microsoft Office suite of programs, excellent writing and communications skills, and familiarity with CAD software
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Internship can be full or part time, depending on semester of application.
Software Powered by iCIMS