Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil Engineer or Engineer In Training to support our Northern California Civil Engineer – Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of Waterpower & Dams.
This position applies advanced knowledge of civil, structural engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. The candidate must have a strong academic background applicable to solving engineering problems. Applicant must be capable of working effectively with teams and clients, and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors. Work products will include field investigations and working on design of structures related to hydropower projects.
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Preparation of calculations, design reports, plans and specifications, review of submittals and shop drawing and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
• Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review of drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Serve as engineer (civil/structural) on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering.
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification.
• The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
• Will be based out of Sacramento, but requires willingness to work in a virtual team across offices and occasional project travel throughout Northern CA.
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
• Master's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Willingness to take California PE exam within two years.
Software Powered by iCIMS