Stantec is seeking talented, team-focused Land Development Civil Designers (EIT) to join our Land Development teams in Ft. Myers and Naples, Florida. The primary purpose of the Land Development Civil Designer (EIT) is to assist project managers in developing and processing design projects by performing due diligence, engineering calculations and design, and technical writing. This position prepares preliminary information, prepares and obtains required documents and plans, ensures internal approval of products and plans, processes plans for approval by reviewing agencies, and provides technical assistance during the construction phases.
The Civil Designer has responsibility for preparation and coordination of technical activities on assigned projects. The Civil Designer assists in the preparation of plans and schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between other project participants, including architects, engineers, developers, contractors, and clients.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Performs due diligence and research on projects as required to provide the background information to start a new project.
- Assists in the preparation of plans and reports for relevant project design elements under the guidance and supervision of a licensed professional engineer. Also receives direction from more experienced Engineer Associates.
- Prepare site assessments. Facilitate plat and permitting processes with the project manager reviewing the final submittal.
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned projects under supervision of Project Engineer or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies.
- Utilizes relevant software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings. Continues to develop skills using software programs for design and/or drafting.
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions.
- Responsible for organizing all aspects of submittals and deliverables.
- Monitors own work and that of project team to ensure budgets and schedules are being met.
- Assists in the preparation of engineering project proposals and change orders.
- Assists in client contact and communication pertaining to specific projects.
- Attends and assists in client/contractor/stakeholder meetings. Participates in client and contractor meetings to have a better understanding of client’s goals.
- Trains less experienced team members in day-to day-activities including routine technical design, processing, and company procedures.