Stantec is seeking talented, team-focused Land Development Civil Engineers (PE) to join our teams in Ft. Myers and Naples, Florida. The Civil Engineer is responsible for conducting studies and preparing plans and specifications, and applying technical engineering principles, methods, and techniques on site engineering projects. The position has also responsibility for preparation and coordination and of technical activities on assigned projects. The position plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. This position is expected to have significant technical knowledge and awareness to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
While on project, the Civil Engineer reports to the Project Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality and effective execution of project assignments. Also assists the Project Manager in the day-to-day interaction with the Client’s designated representative and jurisdictional agency personnel.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Project schedules and forecasts.
- Preparation of plans and reports for project design elements including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways.
- Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables (QA&QC).
- Monthly project status reports and change orders.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participate in Client/Contractor meetings and resolve technical project issues.
- Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.