Our Tempe, AZ Mining group has a need for an Electrical/Automation Engineer-in-Training. You would be a key member of the electrical/automation team working with various clients in completing feasibility studies and detailed engineering projects for underground and surface mining operations. You would have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects both domestic and international.
HEALTH & SAFETY
As a member of the Stantec team, you are expected to:
- Understand and work according to the requirements of the Stantec Safety culture. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our ultimate goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its clients.
- Ensure all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of technology.
- Review and analyze project deliverables for possible safety and constructability risks and solutions.
As a member of the electrical/automation team, your primary duties will include:
- Power, automation, and/or communications system design and analysis in accordance with applicable codes for surface and underground mining operations, under the supervision of a lead engineer.
- Incorporation of innovation, optimization, and standardization in designs as appropriate considering constructability and economics.
- Completion of fit-for-purpose designs that meet the client’s needs and requests.
- Preparation of quality reports and calculation packages as project deliverables.
- Work with supervising engineers and designers on various projects collaboratively to complete design drawings with appropriate level of detail.
- Interfacing with other disciplines and project management to execute the project as per plan.
- Development and completion of power systems analysis models using ETAP, EasyPower and/or SKM under the supervision of a lead engineer.
Technical experience in one or more of the following areas is considered an asset:
- Electrical Infrastructure & Power Distribution Systems Design including:
- 25 kV or 15 kV power distribution;
- 5 kV and 480 V power distribution/motor control;
- Mine infrastructure design including switch rooms, messenger, tray, shaft/borehole cable installations;
- Mine wide power distribution and capacitive charging current/ground potential rise assessments;
- Condition assessment and function testing;
- Mine Services Process Control & Instrumentation Design including:
- Ore & Waste Handling (Traffic Management -Ore Pass Dumping Controls, Crusher Controls, Conveyor Synchronization);
- Hoisting System Process Control and Interfaces;
- Process Piping Systems (Dewatering, Fuel Delivery, Compressed Air, Process Water);
- Industrial Buildings Services;
- Mine Automation/Communication Systems Design including:
- FIber-optic communication networks;
- PLC/HMI Process Control Systems;
- Leaky Feeder.