We are seeking an enthusiastic Architect to join our team in the Anchorage, Alaska office located in the heart of Midtown in the Fireweed Business Center.
We could design buildings just because we can, but we’d rather create places that inspire. Through our architectural work, we challenge design ideas to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration and spaces that are specifically designed for our communities. Good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space – good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose.
Join our team of professionals and work with us in a creative, dynamic, collaborative, and fun environment.
This position will encourage development of skills while supporting our team with new project proposals, existing conditions analysis, concept design, and production of construction documents, project presentation graphics, and construction administration. This position also offers opportunities for inter-office collaboration on a variety of projects sizes and complexities.
• Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates architectural work; coordinates technical and administrative activities.
• Perform routine aspects of architectural assignments.
• Prepare project specifications.
• Performs various tasks in each of the five phases: schematic design, design development, construction documents, bidding and negotiation, and construction administration.
• Create rough concept and detailed SketchUp drawings.
• Develop, modify, and review production drawings and construction documents.
• Be involved in analyses of client problems in conceiving and developing architectural solutions to those problems.
• Attend kick-off and design review meetings.
• Exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Work closely with other offices to perform local projects, and strengthen the relationship of existing clients.
• Graduate of a 5-year Architecture program with a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Architecture.
• Professional Architectural Registration is required.
• 5 to 10 years of experience in related field, or equivalent combination of design experience.
• REVIT, AutoCAD, and SketchUp proficiency required.
• Project specification capabilities are required.
• Seek solutions to design opportunities in a proactive manner, manages their time and workload efficiently.
• Able to collaborate and discuss ideas with others in constructive and amicable fashion; respects all team members.
• LEED certification is preferred but not required.
Software Powered by iCIMS