Stantec’s growing Water practice in the Southwest has an immediate opportunity for a Process Engineer with wastewater treatment experience. This position will be based out of our Boise, Idaho location but opportunities to work both within the Boise area and outside of Boise exist.
Key Responsibilities include:
Technical Support for Regional Business Development Activities
- This technical support includes, but may not be limited to: face-to-face client interactions, site visits, technical training for client staff, workshop presentations on treatment technology, planning, regulatory frameworks, etc.
- This role also provides technical support to Client Service Managers within the respective region of coverage for specific Business Development activities associated with proposal development and interview preparation and delivery, with the primary intent of winning specific project work.
- This support can take the form of writing technical approaches for proposals, developing slide decks for the technical aspects of competitive interviews and developing work-breakdown structures for project delivery schemes.
Technical Support for Project Execution & Delivery
- The candidate will provide technical support to Regional Delivery Leaders and engage as needed in executing and delivering projects within the region.
- The scope of this execution work will vary by project, but the focus will be on process engineering, promotion of best practices and standards for process design and major process mechanical systems, and QA/QC for design criteria.
Mentoring of Professional Staff
- The candidate will engage in active mentorship of peers and young professionals who desire guidance on career development objectives.
- This mentoring can take any number of forms, including guidance on preparation and delivery of presentations, papers, workshops, etc., client-facing protocols, and continuing education and training.
- The candidate will engage in active membership in state, regional and national professional associations including, Water Environment Federation, International Water Association, American Water Works Association, Water Reuse Association, and others as appropriate including local affiliates.
- This engagement entails the delivery of papers, presentations, workshops and webinars at conferences and symposia, participation in technical training workshops and seminars, and involvement in committee leadership as appropriate.
- Technical experience to include one or more of the following:
- Technical leadership on wastewater projects
- Wastewater treatment primary, secondary, and biosolids processes
- Wastewater treatment plant and/or wastewater collection system master planning
- Wastewater process modeling using BioWin™ or other modeling platform
- Accountable for assuring that projects are staffed with the appropriate resources and skills sets to achieve project objectives.
- Interact with clients, local and remote Stantec staff, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Gather information, develop and evaluate alternatives, and prepare engineering reports.
- Perform engineering analyses, modeling, and calculations and prepare detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.