Stantec is currently looking to add a Senior Structural Engineer to support our Northern California Civil Engineer – Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of Waterpower & Dams.
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation
•Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
• Perform preliminary and detailed civil/structural analysis and design for hydraulic structures and facilities for dams and other hydroelectric related projects, specifically including: Intake structures for dams and reservoirs with multi-level gates, Penstocks and outlet conduits, Energy dissipation structures, Control building and gate houses, spillways, housing mechanical and electrical equipment for operation of dams and reservoirs, and Powerhouse structures for hydro-power plants.
• Experience with project leadership, mentoring of staff and assisting with client interaction.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
• Evaluate alternatives and resolve technical questions.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Serve as civil engineer on several projects.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering.
• PE License
• The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design and implementation of large infrastructure.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
• Will be based out of Sacramento, but requires willingness to work in a virtual team across offices and occasional project travel throughout California.
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
Software Powered by iCIMS