Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil/Structural Engineer to support our Sacramento, CA office within our Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of dams and hydroelectric power generation. The successful candidate will have a strong willingness to be part of a large global engineering company and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
This position applies advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, with specific emphasis in structural engineering related to large infrastructures. In addition, candidates must have familiarity with common methods for analysis and design of structures using relevant codes and standards. A successful applicant must be capable of working effectively with teams and clients, and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
•Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
• Perform preliminary and detailed civil /structural analysis and design for concrete, steel and masonry structures.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Serve as project engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
• The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
• Minimum of 4 year's experience in design.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations.
•Solid knowledge of relevant design codes and standards.
• PE license
• Master's Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural Engineering
• Previous consultative work experience in structural design for hydraulic structures is a plus
Software Powered by iCIMS