Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil Engineer to support our Sacramento, California Civil Engineer – Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of dams and hydroelectric power generation.
This position applies advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, with specific emphasis in structural engineering related to large infrastructures. The candidate must have familiarity with common methods for structural analysis and design of structures using relevant codes and standards. Applicant must be capable of working effectively with teams and clients, and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors. Work products will include field investigations of dams and appartenances.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation
•Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule
• Perform preliminary and detailed civil /structural analysis and design for concrete, steel, masonry and wood structures.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
• Evaluate alternatives and resolve technical questions.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Serve as project engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
• The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
• 5 to 8 years’ experience in the design and implementation of large infrastructure.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
• Will be based out of Sacramento, but requires willingness to work in a virtual team across offices and occasional project travel throughout Northern CA
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
•Solid knowledge of relevant design codes and standards.
• PE license
• Master's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Supervisory skills
• Previous consultative work experience in structural design for hydraulic structures
Software Powered by iCIMS