Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
Stantec, is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time entry level Civil Engineer in Training to join our growing practice in the California Region, in the Sacramento, CA office.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks in a consulting engineering role that will require application of technical skills, project delivery, and leadership to a complex array of multi-disciplinary planning, design and construction projects. These projects consist of water pipelines, sitework for municipal water and sewer facilities, sewerlines, infrastructure systems including treatment plants, pump stations, and related infrastructure. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The selected candidate will need to be self-directed, capable of independent tasks as well as supporting complex teams, and should demonstrate a passion for involvement in the wet infrastructure industry with an enthusiasm to help develop the practice locally while collaborating with national practice groups.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
• Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the project manager or project engineer.
• Complete data analysis and calculations for conceptual planning and design, prepare design drawings and specifications, complete civil drainage and pipeline calculations and modeling, and solve civil design problems as required.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project interdisciplinary design problems, performing basic design calculations as required. The successful candidate would be able to apply critical thinking to solve water and wastewater challenges and work with a large technical team to develop the best, innovative solution.
• Demonstrate discipline in project administration including spoken and written communication, writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports.
• Autodesk Civil 3D software skills
• Supervise related work being performed by designers and administrative staff
• Interact professionally with client, project team members, permitting agencies and other consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
• Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Engagement in local and national technical societies is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree, MS preferred, in Civil Engineering, or related field.
• EIT required, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer.
• Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity is a plus.
• 0-2 years of experience.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Autodesk Civil 3D software skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Good organizational skills.
Software Powered by iCIMS