Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
Stantec is a global engineering consulting company providing engineering services for water infrastructure. We are seeking qualified candidates for an Spring 2018 Engineering Internship to support our Las Vegas, NV office. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken water resources or water treatment-type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college junior/senior/graduate student to support a number of exciting local and national projects.
• Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for water and wastewater treatment projects and/or sewer or tunnel design projects.
• Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design and cross-training.
• Performing research and contacting vendors for information
• Must have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate/graduate coursework towards pursuing a degree in civil, mechanical, chemical, water resources, or environmental engineering.
• Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: - Planning, design, construction of water/wastewater infrastructure, and construction management -
Environmental Water/wastewater treatment processes - Advanced and emerging technologies
• Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus.
• Experienced with complete Microsoft Office Suites, familiarity with CAD software
• Good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
• Anticipated work 20 hours per week during the Spring of 2018
Software Powered by iCIMS