Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil Engineer to support our Northern California Civil Engineer – Waterpower and Dams practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and/or interest in engineering design in the field of Waterpower & Dams.
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation
•Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule
• Perform preliminary and detailed civil/structural/geotechnical/hydraulic analysis for hydraulic structures and facilities for dams and other hydroelectric related projects, specifically including: Intake structures for dams and reservoirs with multi-level gates, Penstocks and outlet conduits, Energy dissipation structures, Control building and gate houses housing mechanical and electrical equipment for operation of dams and reservoirs, and Powerhouse structures for hydro-power plants.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil and structural engineering projects.
• Evaluate alternatives and resolve technical questions.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Serve as engineer (civil, structural, geotechnical, or hyrdraulic) on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
• B.S. in Civil Engineering.
• Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
• The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the design and implementation of large infrastructure
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
• May be based out of Walnut Creek or Sacramento, but requires willingness to work in a virtual team across offices and occasional project travel throughout Northern CA
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
Software Powered by iCIMS