Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. This allows us to assess what's needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what's never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
This role will collaborate closely with the business unit to understand, document, and support internal controls over financial reporting, while also using knowledge of the business to identify and coordinate implementation of opportunities for process improvements
The successful candidate will be responsible for(but not limited to):
• Perform the risk assessment rationalization and scoping process.
• Document financial processes including narratives and risk control matrices.
• Independently work with business process owners to standardize the global internal controls framework and update key controls, process narratives and risk control matrices.
• Assist with documentation for IT general controls.
• Assess the control environment and determine whether existing controls are sufficient and appropriate or if additional controls are needed.
• Develop key controls test plans and work closely with internal auditor during testing phase.
• Work with the external auditors with their SOX procedures.
• Collaborate proactively with management in the design and modification of controls to mitigate financial reporting risks.
• Update and maintain controls database and assessment workflow.
• Manage the quarterly and annual assessment processes and reporting.
• Lead the remediation effort for control failures.
• Work closely with consultants and other departments in order to meet fiscal year-end deadlines.
• 2 + years of experience with SOX requirements and the COSO 2013 framework
• Strong financial and accounting knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of audit standards and practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to work well both as a team member and independently
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Public Accounting Experience
• CPA or other designation preferred, or willingness to pursue
Software Powered by iCIMS