Stantec employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, Stantec employees use innovative ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges. We are seeking qualified applicants for Environmental, Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Hydraulic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Interns positions supporting our water, wastewater and hydropower practices located in our Denver, CO; Walnut Creek, CA; Sacramento, CA and Bellevue, WA offices.
The Stantec internship program is a great opportunity for students to prepare for a career in engineering while getting paid. We provide real hands-on experience and project-related work opportunities to help students connect their studies into a new context - the business environment. It’s an excellent opportunity to build relationships and learn from respected figures in the industry while gaining a better understanding of the big picture of things.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing engineering-related calculations and analyses.
• Assist with site visits and field investigations as necessary
• Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• In progress toward earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental, Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Hydraulic, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Experienced with complete Microsoft Office suite of programs, excellent writing and communications skills, and familiarity with CAD software
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Internship can be full or part time, depending on semester of application.
Software Powered by iCIMS