Stantec employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, Stantec employees use innovative ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges. We are seeking qualified applicants for Environmental, Civil, Mining and Geotechnical Hydraulic Engineering Interns positions supporting our mining practices located in our Tempe, AZ; Salt Lake, UT and Denver, CO offices.
The Stantec internship program is a great opportunity for students to prepare for a career in engineering while getting paid. We provide real hands-on experience and project-related work opportunities to help students connect their studies into a new context - the business environment. It’s an excellent opportunity to build relationships and learn from respected figures in the industry while gaining a better understanding of the big picture of things.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing engineering-related calculations and analyses.
• Assist with site visits and field investigations as necessary
• Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
• In progress toward earning a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Environmental, Civil, Mining and Geotechnical Hydraulic Engineering, with a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate coursework in college related to a specific engineering discipline.
• Experienced with complete Microsoft Office suite of programs, excellent writing and communications skills, and familiarity with CAD software
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
• Anticipated 40 hour work week through the end of the internship period.
Software Powered by iCIMS