Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
Stantec, has an opening in our Indianapolis, IN office for a full-time entry level Civil Engineer in Training. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks associated with municipal storm water capital projects including drainage investigations, storm water scoping reports, sizing of pipes and channels and plan review. MS4 NPDES compliance tasks to include coordination with municipal operations personnel, water quality training, post-construction water quality, federal and state waterway permitting, and construction erosion and sediment controls inspection and training. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
1. Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
2. Interact professionally with client, the public and project team members.
3. Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
4. Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
5. Organize, draft, compile and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and reports.
6. Complete data analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare waterway permitting applications, complete hydraulic analyses and modeling, and review transportation plans for storm water standards and NPDES compliance as required.
7. Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
• Bachelor’s Degree minimum in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
• 1-3 years of experience
• Must have taken or be prepared to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to become and Engineer in Training (EIT) within one year of employment date, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Indiana.
• Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity or in a municipality is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders. Successful candidate will be co-located with the client and work directly with the client and storm water program management team.
• Must demonstrate the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
• Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
• InfoWorks ICM, MIKE Urban, InfoSWMM, XP-SWMM, PC-SWMM, and ArcGIS. Willingness to learn NPDES
• Basic computer knowledge is required including the Microsoft Office Suite
Software Powered by iCIMS