Stantec is seeking highly qualified applicants to manage Projects and Task Orders in our successful Waterpower and Dams (WP&D), Hydropower Licensing business center in California.
Our existing WP&D operation has a multidisciplinary staff that specializes in the planning, design, and construction of WP&D’s including:
• Conventional hydropower
• All types of dams
• Pumped storage hydropower
The position will be located in Sacramento, California. The WP&D operation in the Western US is supported by more than 500 WP&D staff across the United States and Globally as well with the entire 22,000 staff of Stantec.
The Project Manager will be responsible for working closely with the other Project Managers and Task Order managers in coordinating and managing existing projects, developing solutions to project challenges, and managing a multi-disciplinary staff for successful completion of deliverables. The individuals will interact internally throughout the organization with staff at all levels as well as externally with clients, members of business and professional organizations, subcontractors, and other firms.
Specific responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Work in a manner to protect the health and safety of Stantec employees, clients and the public by following company health, safety and security guidelines and policies.
2. Schedule, coordinate, and monitor field logistics for large regulatory programs.
3. Manage multiple projects/task orders simultaneously.
4. Establish project/task order objectives, procedures and performance standards.
5. Lead multi-disciplinary teams on the preparation of technical reports including permit applications, technical memoranda, environmental assessments, and strategy and compliance documents.
6. Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project/task order objectives.
7. Track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
8. Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
9. Providing mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions
The successful candidate will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
1. Minimum 8 years’ relevant experience in project/task order management preferably for environmental programs for hydropower and/or dams sectors.
2. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science.
3. Successful experience to initiate and maintain relationships with internal and external staff and prospective clients.
4. Successful experience in client service management, including the ability to interface with clients and to build and maintain lasting, positive relationships.
5. Successful experience in decision making, including making sound defensible business decisions; and identifying, assessing, evaluating and solving complex problems.
6. Proficient in project control systems, problem solving, and risk management.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
8. Travel to other offices as well as to project sites will be required.
Software Powered by iCIMS