Stantec is seeking qualified candidates for a Professional Level Civil/Geotechnical Engineer for our Denver, Colorado office. The primary focus of this position is to serve US and International-based natural resources clients (primarily mining) with the design of civil structures (such as dams and waste management facilities). This position will require a dynamic individual who can interface with clients, develop and lead site investigations, develop detailed designs, execute and review calculations, and prepare expertly written reports. This position interacts throughout the organization internally and externally with clients and members of business and professional organizations. Travel may be required (approximately 20% of the year) and some projects require working at remote sites.
Specific activities to be performed by the applicant include:
1. Following safe work practices and adhering to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner. MSHA and/or OSHA training will be required.
2. Developing, overseeing, and interpreting geotechnical investigations; primarily focused on mining projects.
3. Preparing technical memoranda and detailed reports pertaining to field investigations and studies.
4. Developing design drawings and construction specifications related to civil and geotechnical disciplines.
5. Experience with slope stability type modeling software (such as GeoStudio or RocScience) is required.
6. Experience with dynamic system modeling software (such as GoldSim) is a plus.
7. Developing preliminary budgets, determining project scope, establishing schedules, processing appropriate paperwork, and interacting with clients.
8. Preparing proposals and assisting in preparing and giving presentations.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering with preference given to advanced degrees.
• 4-8 years of experience working on civil and geotechnical engineering projects, focusing on detailed design, site investigation, reporting and business development.
• Can demonstrate past experience with mine waste/tailing management design.
• Ability to work independently in the field at remote sites.
• Ability to lead and mentor younger professionals.
• Existing professional registration (P.E.) or ability to obtain it within 3-6 months of starting work.
• Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
Software Powered by iCIMS