We design with the next generation in mind. The Stantec Waterpower & Dams group’s reputation is built on over 100 years of delivering engineering excellence to improve the quality of life around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world’s most impactful waterpower and dam projects – projects vital to both local and global communities – from delivering reliable access to clean water and power to millions of people in eastern Africa to ensuring emergency water storage for drought-stricken southern California.
We are actively seeking experienced Project Managers and Senior-level Engineers with 10 to 20 years of experience to join our team in continuing our industry-recognized leadership in hydropower and dams while delivering world-class solutions that last generations.
This requisition is open and available for all Waterpower and Dams, both East and West, and all locations.
Responsibilities of this position include:
• Serving as the Project Manager and/or Lead Engineer for small to large-sized domestic and international hydropower and dams projects for a variety of clients.
• Supervising project engineers, staff and subcontractors in the successful delivery of technical projects.
• Leading business development activities including the identification of client opportunities, proposal preparation, presentations and contract negotiations.
• Developing and growing successful long-term client relationships.
• Establishing strong, productive internal collaborative relationships with senior management and technical practice leaders.
• Working in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Structural or Mechanical Engineering, or related hydropower discipline.
• P.E. Required.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in the hydropower or dams business sectors.
• Professional Engineer certification, or equivalent.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Working knowledge of project management systems, project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analyses, resource analyses, and reporting.
• Client service management skills and proposal preparation experience.
• Excellent team-building and collaboration skills.
• PMP certification or equivalent
• Working knowledge of Primavera
• International and domestic travel may be required.
Software Powered by iCIMS