The Business Leader guides our technical group leads and staff, and leads development of discipline-specific professional and technical standards, quality assurance practices, design excellence, health and safety, best practices, research and development, and innovation. The Business Leader works with Business Center leadership to attract and retain the qualified professionals that exhibit demonstrated design and technical excellence to the business center. Reporting to the business center managing leader, the Business Discipline Leader partners with the discipline leader and the business center sector leaders to market discipline-specific design and technical expertise to our clients. We encourage you to apply if you possess the following experience and skills:
- Overseeing and enhancing the quality of our projects, documentation and processes in Waterpower & Dams.
- Attracting and retaining qualified professionals to contribute to our Waterpower & Dams practice.
- Maintaining, executing, and updating the Business Center’s staffing and succession plan.
- Contributing to the goals of consistent practices and collaboration, and design excellence across the entire firm.
- Interacting with counterparts in Waterpower & Dams and other Business Lines. Leading the Business Center’s Discipline Group Leads, who report directly to the Business Center Discipline Leader, to review and manage workload, staffing, recruiting, career development, and technical development
- Promoting and enhance the professional standards and best practices within the Business Center that have been established by the Discipline Lead, or collectively by the Business Center Discipline Leader’s.
- Promote adherence to Stantec’s Project management practices, maintaining and auditing ISO compliance, as necessary.
- Through active participation in the Waterpower & Dams and Business Center’s staffing process, provide Project Manager's with appropriate staff for projects, either from within the Business Center or from other Business Center's.
- Together with the Business Leaders you will implement the methodologies within the Business Center for the creation and review of work plans, independent reviews, design reviews and technical reviews on all projects, using existing Stantec frameworks or those that have been established by the Discipline Lead, or collectively by the Business Leader's.
- Take timely corrective action on any projects that encounter technical challenges in order to avoid claims and take responsibility for mitigating any claims in the Business Center.
- Collaborate with Stantec’s HSSE team for the development of discipline-specific hazard assessments, safe work practices, planned job observations, safety training, and incident investigations within the discipline pertaining to the work of the Business Center staff.
- Be an engaged leader, actively coach and support the career development of staff and take personal responsibility for employee retention and recruitment.
- Additional responsibility for sectors including Gates & Hydromechanical, mechanical, turbines, hydropower licensing, CAD design, electrical, civil/structural, and geotechnical.
- Conduct Business Center audits against Project management and discipline standards.
- Conduct client surveys.
- Conduct and/or lead independent reviews of deliverables developed by Business Center staff.
- Assist the Business Leader's with Stantec’s Career Development and Performance Review process, rate review, and bonus processes.
- Review Employee Survey feedback.