Our Mining group works with some of the world’s largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine headframes and hoisting systems. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Senior Procurement/Contracts Specialist in our Tempe, AZ office. Reporting to the Director, Procurement & Contracting, this position will be accountable for the execution and delivery of high quality procurement transactions, including soliciting, receiving and analyzing proposals and quotations, making purchase recommendations to the Client, coordinating shop and QA inspections, and expediting specialized equipment for large-scale mining projects remotely located around the globe.
- Ensuring that the safety of everyone is the highest priority in all activities
- Making sure all Procurement related documents are high quality, accurate, timely, and meet all requirements of established Stantec procedures and those of our Clients
- Contributing to the establishment and implementation of improvements to existing methods and procedures
- Managing personal utilization, and monitoring project specific allocation of hours
- Working with multiple Project Managers, communicating timely information and maintaining good working relationships with the Management team and Client
- Assisting in developing and executing strategies for individual procurement packages
- Preparing and evaluating request for quotation / proposal documents and addenda per project procedures
- Managing the receipt and distribution of all quotations and communications to/from bidders and project procurement
- Coordinating technical evaluations and potentially post bid addenda with Engineering, evaluating bids commercially and making combined recommendations for award
- Communicating with Vendors, Engineering, Clients and other project personnel as required
- Coordinating the issuance of procurement package status reports
- Supporting the completion of purchase order close out activities per procedures through detailed and well documented expediting
- Complying with all Company, Client, and departmental policies and procedures, including Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental
- If required, travelling between US and Canada project locations